Board of Director elections took place last Thursday, October 12th, during the 54th Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Home Products Trade Association that was held via a Zoom Meeting.
Newly elected to the Board of Directors for a first term were:
- Jasmin Dugal, General Manager, Groupe SEB Canada Inc.
- Greg McNeilly, Executive Vice President, North America, OLFA North America
- Shauna Thompson, General Sales Manager, IPEX Inc.
Re-elected for another two-year term were:
- Joe Comitale, President, M-D Canada
- Jeff Crews, Vice President Business Development, Richelieu Hardware Ltd.
- Patricia Ieraci, Vice President of Sales, US Retail & Canada, Anchor Hocking
- Gerry Lubanszky, President, Goto Market Sales Solutions Ltd.
- Adam Malolepszy, Vice President & General Manager, Signify Canada Ltd.
- Scott Ride, President & COO, The Hillman Group Canada ULC
Along with other returning board members, the full Board of Directors for the 2023-2024 term is as follows:
- Joe Comitale, Chairman, M-D Canada
- Denise Deacon, 1st Vice Chairman, Face2Face Sales Inc.
- Gerry Lubanszky, 2nd Vice Chairman, Goto Market Sales Solutions Ltd.
- Peter Laing, Past Chairman, Recochem Inc.
- Stacey Brown, Director, Henkel Canada Corporation
- Gina Conte, Director, AGT Products Inc.
- Jeff Crews, Director, Richelieu Hardware Ltd.
- Jasmin Dugal, Director, Groupe SEB Canada Inc.
- Krista Hamilton, Director, McDonald Sales Inc.
- Patricia Ieraci, Director, Anchor Hocking
- Adam Malolepszy, Director, Signify Canada Ltd.
- Greg McNeilly, Director, North America, OLFA North America
- Scott Ride, Director, The Hillman Group Canada
- Shauna Thompson, Director, IPEX Inc.
- Mark Travers, Director, King Marketing Ltd.
A new Treasurer will be chosen at the next board meeting in November.
During the AGM, the following gentlemen were acknowledged for their service on the Board of Directors:
Steve Barker (IPEX) who served many years on the CHPTA Board of Directors over two different stints, including several years as the Associations’ Treasurer, has decided to step down from the Board and open up his position to someone new.
Shuaib Mian (TTI Canada) and Daniel Zrubak (DeLonghi Canada) both stepped down from the Board over the past year as they left the CHPTA member companies they were working for and therefore were no longer qualified to serve on the Board.
The Association very much appreciates the time, input and guidance that Steve, Shuaib and Daniel provided during their time on the Board.
Also, during the AGM a number of new programs/new offers on existing programs for members were discussed as well as events that are being planned for next year including “Canada Night” events during industry trade shows, a return of the Spring Conference (April 4th at the Mississauga Convention Centre) and the Ontario Golf Tournament on May 30th to name a few. Many other educational webinars, speaker events and social events are also in the works so keep any eye out for communications on new value offering programs and events for members!